Monday 6 August 2012

This is our first build

This is our first build.  I am using this build not only to keep myself occupied during the winter months but also to gain some skills.  I will make mistakes, that"s fine as long as I learn from them..

I'd like to try my hand at sheet metal work. I want to hand form things out of metal.  I also want to give welding a go.  That's right, I don't know how to weld. 

I have the paint part down pretty well.  I've painted my bike a different colour every year.

Paint is a simple enough thing to do and now that I have that under my belt it's time to go bigger.

I've also dabbled in custom leather for my present ride's seat.  Here is what came of that.

We'll start with the usual.

Cut the frame.
Change the handle bars
Maybe change the instrument cluster.
Do something with the exhaust, not sure what yet.
Make a seat.
Try making a little fairing.
Get rid of the air box.

And of course getting it mechanically sound.

I have two very good friends helping me out and a garage full of experience and advice to lean on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.