Sunday 7 April 2013

Exhaust

I test fitted the exhaust today.  I'm not a happy camper.  The pipes fit well but join underneath the engine where my battery box is going.




This means I have to alter my battery box.  That's too bad, it was going to hold most of the electrical,   now I have to figure something out.

I started converting my headlamp from a sealed unit to a halogen h4 setup.   I'm not sure how you're supposed to do this at the side of the road,  it's complicated enough on a workbench.



There is a little scrape that needs to be fixed where the bike went down in a previous life.   I hadn't noticed this before.  Another nice surprise. 


A little bit of my secret weapon, JB Weld, and it should be good.  Now I have to paint that too.


Right then, on to something else.   I want to cover the wiring for the license plate lights with copper.  That means I have to cover the long bit of bolt that comes out of the back.  I also have to join them to a main tube.  I flared the pipe to go over the bolts.  This is what I come up with.



Now I just need to solder that.  Guess what I don't have, solder.

Fuck it. I'm out of patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.