Sunday 31 March 2013

Paint

I'm at the point where a lot of things have to get painted.  I've painted the handlebars, the battery box, the fuse cover, the crash bars, and the tail lamp bracket. 

Here is the finished battery box.


Instead of watching those dry I installed the gauges...






and the keeper of the magic smoke.



The engine had to come out, AGAIN, to get the carbs on.  Now put  the engine back in, probably not for the last time.


Flip the painted parts over and paint the under bits.

While that is drying I clean the radiator grille.
You can see the difference.  The bottom is clean and the top is not.


Painting the tins on the motorcycle is turning out to be a little harder than I thought.  I've painted my other bike every year with great success.  I don't clean my bikes I just repaint them.  But this time it seems harder than I'm used to.  Maybe it's just that I'm trying something different. 

Anyhow, this is what I have so far.  Primer, a coat of red, a stripe, and some lace.  Not bad but we'll see once the clear is on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.