Sunday 18 November 2012

Fuddleduddle, that's Canadian speak for fk off..   See  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuddle_duddle

I tried to get the license plate bracket going today.  I have all the metal I need, I have a welder but apparently I have no patience.

I have these cheap welding magnets and I used them to mock up the mounting like I wanted it.

Ok, so far so good.  Plug in the welder and put the dog out to do his business, I don't have little doggy welding glasses.

 Just a quick tack and we're good to go.  As soon as I get even close to it with the welder it falls off the bike,  damn.  Rig it up again and this time I don't even make it to the welder, crap.  Rig it up again and this time sparks fly.  I let it cool then go to take it off.  The thing falls apart, seems I put a glob of steel nowhere near where it should have been,  mother f%##% ass licker D$%^k head.  Try it again and this time it holds together, barely.

By this time Chico is at the back door looking in and I know what he's thinking, what the hell are you up to and whats with all the swearing.



Ok take it to the bench in the basement, lug the machine

Set up the magnets again and hook up the ground,  turn on the machine and bring the business end near the thing.  The ground pulls everything off the bench, BALLS C%$C %*@!^%   &$*#@.

I use all four magnets and finally get the other piece on.  Now we're getting somewhere.


Now keep in mind these rods are just a jig to hold the washers in the right configuration while I do the rest, they will be removed.

Take the thing to the bike for a test fit.  How can this be, I"M HALF AN INCH OFF, it doesn't fit.

Fuddle Duddle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.