Sunday 17 February 2013

I got the tires back from balancing.  Unfortunately the front wheel is bent enough that it wouldn't pass a safety.  I have another one on the bike under the mound of snow in my back yard.  Hopefully it's straight.  If not I can always get this one straightened.

The back one being fine, I started putting stuff back on the bike. 

First the diff, the rear brake then the rear wheel.


I wish I had labeled things much better.  I thought I did a good job but I must have been kidding myself.  Here I put the front axle in the rear. 






I searched for half a day before I found the one labelled "rear axle"   I wrongly assumed that if I label the rear one then the front one would be self evident,  nope.

Next I drilled holes for the signal's wiring to go through.
t

Bend a little copper tubing  and that should hide the wires nicely. 


One little problem though.  The signals are already wired with the proper connectors,  unfortunately they won't fit through the tubes so I'll have to cut then re solder them. 

I then reinstall the shocks to make sure nothing is in something else s way. 




This I managed not to screw up.

Next I test fit the seat.





Two things that go without a hitch, lets go for three.

I go to set the fender in and we have a problem.  Now that everything is there I have some clearance issue.  I can't get the fender in between the frame rails, not by much but just enough.  Out comes the Dremel and with a few strategically placed cuts we are back in business. 

Here is the fender mounted with all the other stuff.




That plate bracket is a little off, easy fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.