Sunday 3 February 2013

Re-assembly

The frame is now painted.

Mr. T would have had me powder coat it but for my first build I didn't want to deal with the trouble that presented.  I would have had to remove the trailing arm,  chased the threads and who knows what else a thick coat of plastic would have meant.  He was right mind you but for now I want to keep it as simple as possible. 




I've also painted the rear brake assembly and the diff. 

Some of the gaskets I got From Toby are going on.  It will be nice to finish playing with the engine.

Hmmm,  I thought I cleaned that engine.  Gotta do it again I guess.

I played with the seat a little.  I'm going to rivet the cover on.  Like so...



Mr. G was over to help me figure out some things.  A fresh perspective helps. 

He found this little miracle thing, I'll call it the gobbler,  it chews off whatever you put in it's way.  I thought it was for wood and soft stuff but no,  it likes to eat metal.  Say hello to my new little friend. 



He also didn't think that my original idea to mount the tail lamp was good.  I was going to use this thing. 


That would have meant drilling holes in a fender I was going to paint.  Also,  it's flat bottom was going to present problems when it comes to making  it mount and look good very difficult.

He took a license plate bracket for the plastic fender and held it up where he thought it looked good.  A little more finagling and this is what we came up with. 



Flipin' brilliant.  Now I just have to make brackets for it out of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.