Sunday 9 December 2012

More parts come off

Mr. G came over today to help.   We striped off more parts off of the frame.   The rear brake linkage came off after taking a reference photo, who knows if I'll remember hoe it goes in. 


Before we took off the front end we discussed some possibilities for the handle bars.   I don't want clubmans,  I think they'll make the bike to uncomfortable so I'll use the shorter ones off of the Custom.

These are a few positions. 







Time to remove the wheel and shocks.   I read somewhere that If you crack the top shock nut while it's still in the triple tree this will make taking them apart later easier.   So with that done Mr. G and I slide them out.   Easy with two people,  I probably would have been cursing if I tried that on my own. 







We found the the head set had what Mr. G called memory steering, in other words when you move it back and forth you can feel some ratcheting feeling.   We might as well open it up and see wht's up with that. 


The races look fine but I might as well replace the whole thing, something is not good.

 Now for the plate bracket.  I welded another washer to a flat bar and tacked it all in place.  The lines indicate where some bending will happen. 






Now I just have to add reenforcing trellis and some bends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.