Sunday 23 December 2012

More seat shenanigans

The center stand is a mess.  I'll sand blast it and make it nice.  Off it comes


My rear signal LED's are in.   They are truck clearance lamps.  I intend to put them in some big nuts I found at work.  They will match the tail lamp perfectly.

That blue thing is supposed to make my LED's flash OK,  I have no efing clue where or how to use it but apparently I need it.  I think Mr Double J will know.

I think I have to do something with the seat before I go anywhere else.  The seat will show me how much room I have underneath for the electronics box and if I can get the battery to fit up there.

I really want to use the stock latching system somehow. 

I think I cut away as much of the seat pan as I dare,  it's about the size I want.  I'll hold the cover on with rivets so I have to make holes.


Now for the latching system.  The captive nuts used for the latches will be used to hold my fender...


 so I need 2 more captive nuts under there. Down in the basement goes the frame.  I pop it on the bench and weld on a couple of nuts and spring posts.


A quick shot of primer and the latches go on.









Not bad, now I only have to make the pieces that the latches grab onto and I'm laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.