Sunday 17 March 2013

I put the engine back in only to forget some parts, so it will have to come off again.  Not a big deal, it's only 5 bolts. 



I'm having issues with my tail lamp.  I had it figured out, so I thought, and test fitted everything with success.  Now for some reason it doesn't fit that well.  It isn't secure.  It keeps flopping down onto the fender.  I don't understand.  I thought maybe I'd reversed the brackets but after taking it apart and switching them numerous times it just doesn't go.


Note in the picture above how much of a gap is between the two pieces. 





I really like the look of it out there though, but at this time I'm debating just drilling into the fender.  It would be much simpler.

As for the battery box, it's going under the bike where the H pipe used to be.
I have ammo cans I've used as hard cases on my cruiser.  One of them will become my battery box.

It's the right size but it's too tall.  A dozen Dremel cutting disks later and this is what I have.




Because I have no attention span I installed the headlamp bucket with the turn signals.




Squirrel!

Filter pods an a carb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.