Sunday 16 September 2012

seat on cx500 custom cafe racer

Sparks, I freaking love sparks.  There is a little pyromaniac in all the little boys in us.  Fire, explosions and sparks, fun stuff.  I even like it when they sting your arms.  No fire or explosions today but I had sparks flying everywhere.

I trimmed down the seat pan to it's maximum size.  I still don't know how far back the frame will get cut so for now I left the maximum on.  The frame will get cut right after the seat latching doohickey.  Then we'll take a good look and see if it needs more surgery.

Ok, sorry, that's my ass.  I've already got one of Mr. Double J's ass, I just need one of Mr. G to complete the set.   Aw crap, this means more time in therapy for me.  Honest I don't have an ass thing!




Here is how much was removed.





Give is a test fit on the bike and it already makes a huge difference.  It still might be a little to much at the rear.  ( is that another ass thing, I don't know, I'm getting nervous and confused.)  It's a little high for my liking but that might change once the seat foam is on.




And I got a couple of new little toys.  One is a trigger attachment for a spray bomb, maybe now I can stop painting my own fingers.  The other is a sweet little pinstripe brush.  Whether I can make it work or not is yet to be seen but it should be fun to play with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.