Saturday 29 September 2012

Fender shortened

Today we tackled the fenders.  The rear fender was media blasted to get rid of the rust and scuff up the chrome.  I'm not fond of chrome so they will get painted.  Once that was done we found one spot that had rusted through the steel.  a little grind and some naval gelly and this is what we're left with. 



The front fender was cut back a few centimeters, I wanted to see if I could recreate the lip.  No chance, the steel is too thick, so it was cut to the final length.  Nice and short.



With that done, I tried to eyeball the finished edge of the fender.  That didn't go well.  It's like shaving sideburns, a little more on the right, oops a little more on the left, darn back to the other side and so on.  You'll notice that I shave my head, that's not a coincidence

In comes Mr. G with a simple solution using basic math and kinder-garden craft skills.
Voila presto, it looks much better.





Thank (whatever deity applies) for Mr. G, he has the knack of looking at me with that amused look and showing me the simple solution, versus the Rube Goldberg solution I had.

Some new tools added to the collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.