Saturday 15 September 2012

Today I figured I might as well drain the fluids

Today I figured I might as well drain the fluids from the bike.  I drained the rad and removed it.  The coolant was a nice fresh green.





Next I drained the oil, it was also fresh.  I guess someone topped up the fluids before storing them. 
I'm not really surprised,  so far nothing has given me trouble, nothing seized or anything like that.


I also went shopping for sheet metal.  I wanted some copper for a fairing.  I thought it would look cool and it would be soft enough for me to learn on.  Apparently copper is not cheap, $30 a square foot!  Change of plan, steel will do just fine.  I bought this sizable sheet for a little under 30 bucks, the same sheet in copper would have cost me over $200.  I had no Idea.  Well, I have plenty of steel.  Enough to screw up a couple of times. 


I put a paint can in front of it for scale.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.