Sunday 30 September 2012

Cleaning up the tail

I was hoping to save and use the seat latch mechanism but it made the rear look too bulky.  I'm not fond of the big tumors on the back of some of these things.  Like this one.


In the interest of fire safety I used a Dremel to cut the seat latch bracket off.  No sparks, well maybe if it was night and the lights where off, oh well.   
The length of the rear frame of the bike might still be shortened but I don't want to go past the bolt next to the shock.  That will probably come in handy for mounting stuff.




This is what we where looking at before,






.

With a little seat pan over the knee, like a bad over 18 girl, and a little gentle persuasion this is what turned out.


That cleaned up the back nicely.

Here is a little flowchart Mr. Double J shared with me when I told him I wanted to crack open the spare engine.  He also gave me a look very similar to Mr. G, this one meant "you dumb shit" I assume.


I stopped friggin' with the engine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.