Sunday 28 October 2012

Engine removal

I dropped the engine today.   I'm going to need it out to clean and paint the frame, the motor could also use a some cleaning.   With the engine on the bike lift all I had to do was unbolt it.   A couple things gave me grief.

 First was the drive shaft bolt.  It was angled wrong and scooching the boot while trying to get the ratchet on from the other side had me cursing.   The other snag was the clutch cable.   It had almost no play in it so I had to get it out of the top part before I could wrestle it out of the linkage at the case. 


Now that the engine is out I can remove that coolant overflow.   There is no getting that thing out unless the engine is out.  I hope I remember to put it back before I put the engine back, probably not.


I found some sort of deep sea creature in the overflow bottle.  The elusive Squishy Blob fish  ( Limosus Stilla )   is only seen deep in the Marianas Trench and in my overflow bottle. 


Good buy little guy.  Man he looks angry.

Now you can see how much cleaning needs to be done.  It's going to be a long winter.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.