Sunday 7 October 2012

Headlights and fairing

I figured I might as well start making the brackets for the headlights.  I was going to work on the rear fender mount but I can't for the life of me remember where I put the metal rod I was going to use.  It's in here somewhere.

I used two bin dividers and marked out holes and where I wanted to bend them.


Next a little bending.






This is what I ended up with.  No, I won't be using tapcons.




Now I just have to figure out the fairing and where it will mount, then the back end of the bracket gets done.

Here's a little video of me hammering the fairing.  Notice I have no real clue as to what I'm doing.  Things are falling off the table and I whack the light right above my head.  What a mess.  That said, it not looking too bad.  I am getting the shape that I want.

It's freakin' loud, you might want to turn down the volume.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.