Sunday 14 October 2012

More frame cutting cx500

It looks like I should cut the frame a little more.  There are two captive nuts that would make an excellent place to mount the rear fender.  These will keep the fender high and short. 






Now off comes the rear wheel.  I need the room to saw between the rails. 





That was a lot easier than I though.  Again, nothing seized, everything is in good condition. 
I checked the rear brake now that I have access.  Lots of shoes left, no corrosion.  A little rust on the drum but that's no big deal, just surface rust.






Now I have the room to cut.  I want to make a step cut so that the outer half of the rail is longer than the inner one.  This will give me a channel for the fender to slide in.



Twenty minutes and an Advil later, sawing at a weird angle is killing my back, and I have the step cut I was looking for.




Once I slipped the fender in I had a little issue with the fender bulges.   They where too large and the fender wouldn't go all the way back.  No problem, where's my hammer.  With a little convincing with the hammer it fit beautifully.  I like hammers, just not as much as sparks. 

This is the end result.








That's what I'm talking about.  Looks good.  Jeez, that's a first, it actually turned out like I planed. 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.