Monday 29 October 2012

Shaping the seat

I read on Choppercharles forum that a polisher sander at low RPM can do  great job of getting rid of the rough edges on seat foam.   It sounds good but since the gas tank incident I am leery of that machine.    Last time I used it I ended up catapulting my gas tank across the room,  dented the crap out of it. 

So this time I took the advice but instead of using the electric flinger I did it by hand.   I used 40 grit sandpaper and a dust mask.   OK, I didn't think of the dust mask until a sneezing fit got me.   Snotty foam can reach impressive velocities, just ask my dog.   He sniffed the projectile that landed near him, looked at me and left the room thinking that his owner was an idiot.   Point taken Chico.

Back at it with a dust mask this time and I'm pleased with the results.   The foam turned from a hacked up piece of couch to a decent looking seat.

 This is before.



And this is after.




A little more and I'll get it how I want it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.