Saturday 27 October 2012

New welder

I got a smoking deal on a welder.  I have no idea how to weld but I always wanted to try.  Seems to me any machine that makes sparks and light as intense as the sun is something I want to play with. 



It came with an auto dimming mask, real cool. 

Like I said, I have zero experience welding.  I took one of the crash bars that saw some action and figured I'd try to fill in the scraped off part with some welds. 

WONDERFUL GLORIOUS SPARKS!!   I'm melting metal with electricity.   I'm fusing metal. How freaking cool is that.   Looks like crap but who freaking cares.  I am like a god, changing the state of elements at will. 


I'll grind that, more sparks, and see if it's good enough.


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, it truly is fascinating, melting elements and changing their physical properties. I’m sure you’ve been overwhelmed by this first experience. So, how may metal arts have you done the past weeks? Just remember: even with the lack of proper training, never forget to practice precautionary measures, okay? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything well. I work in a well ventilated area, I always have a fire extinguisher at the ready, and I always wear protective gear.

      Delete
  2. The themes here are amazing. I would like to see an easier way to search with more relevant results. i.e. when I search autumn, I really don't want to find Assassins Creed or Warrior girl...just a pretty autumn seasonal theme for my background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember good ventilation is crucial when dealing with harsh chemicals, now go outside and maybe you'll figure out where you are.

      Delete

Any comments welcome, do not be shy and say what you want...I think I can take it.